Thursday 11 April 2013

Stump Carrots

Well here we go again. Our little guy is at camp this week so it gave me the opportunity to get some jobs done at the allotment. I did some final compost mixes for the stump carrot bed and mixed in the fertilizer. Made a start on boring all the holes in the stump carrot bed (now finished) and filled with the mix.
The mix consists of sieved Humax multipurpose compost, some sterilzed topsoil and fine vermiculite. Then to each 25 litre batch I add - Vitax Q4, calcified seaweed, Nutrimate and some lime. Hopefully this will work well for the stumps.
Today I get to hump sand over the allotment all day. I`ll see how far I get filling the long carrot barrels but this might take a few attempts. I`m also going to sow the stump carrots today. This wil give them the 22 weeks they need to mature before the national championships .


No comments:

Post a Comment